There are two types of people that end up landing on this page! You are either one of our customers looking for an appropriate care guide for your newly arrived gears or a responsible owner looking to prolong the life of your beloved DTG printed garments in general. Either way, we are happy to see you here!
Below, we have constructed one comprehensive care guide for DTG printed garments and hope you find it as applicable as what we think it is! We have broken the whole content into three parts for more straightforward navigation: Washing, Drying, Ironing.
- Turn your garment inside out – This will prevent front prints from being rubbed against machines’ interiors and other garments
- Wash on gentle cycle – aggressive settings may cause shrinking and deformations
- Wash with low temperature – we suggest you go with cold water, but if it is not an option, do not go over 40°C/104°F
- Use mild, bleach-free washing detergents (use non-chlorine bleach if necessary)
DTG printed garments can be tumble dried if done properly, but we suggest you go with hang/air-dry. For tumble drying:
- Turn your garment inside out – for the same reason mentioned in the washing stage
- Dry on low cycle – to avoid shrinking and deformations
- Avoid dry-cleaning at all costs!
It is not recommended for garments with DTG prints on, but if it is a must for you, then:
- Turn your garment inside out – to prevent direct contact between the front print and the irons’ hot surface
- Iron on low settings – keep the settings on their lowest when ironing the printed area from the back
These instructions prevent DTG prints from fading or cracking. Keep in mind that HIGH settings during the washing and drying stages may lead to severe damage, shrinking and deformations.
Feel free to add any other points you think is missing by using the comment section below. Additionally, do not hesitate to get in touch in case of any doubts or concerns. You can reach us either by initiating a live chat session or using one of our other methods outlined here.